No love for the Buck 91??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
... but I haven't seen any one stove that has been the cat's meow this year.

Well now ya dun it...we know what ever stove it is, its gotta be a cat stove. :coolsmirk:

firefighterjake said:
Which reminds me . . . what is "The Stove" for 2010 . . . I can't think of any stove or stove line that is really wowing people this year . . . I mean sure we still have fanboys of Jotuls, PEs, Woodstocks, Englanders, etc. . . . but maybe it's just me but I haven't seen any one stove that has been the cat's meow this year.

Seems lately like a tie between Jotul and Woodstock.

BeGreen said:
I'll have to pass the buck on this one :shut: :), but haven't heard anything bad about these stoves. Actually they seem to offer good value. I think it may be more of an issue that the range of the dealer network is small and they aren't sold by large national chains. I've never seen one on the left coast.

we sold them up to a few years ago, i really like the 91!!

Buck just released the Buck 94. It is the same dimensions as the Buck 91, but in non-cat. it also has a flue collar for connecting the pipe. I'm not sure if it is listed on their web site yet. I am a dealer and the sales reps just came by a couple of weeks ago and told us about it. They just finished production and we have one on the sales floor. I will try to post some pics.

Attachments

• S5000204.jpg
    S5000204.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 804
  • S5000202.jpg
    S5000202.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 780
  • S5000203.jpg
    S5000203.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 753
That 94 should open up a new market for those that are non-Cat fans.

Just out of curiosity what do the 2 stoves sell for.

A new stove, but still so ugly. The only love I had for the Buck was the cat.

central_scrutinizer said:
Buck just released the Buck 94. It is the same dimensions as the Buck 91, but in non-cat. it also has a flue collar for connecting the pipe. I'm not sure if it is listed on their web site yet. I am a dealer and the sales reps just came by a couple of weeks ago and told us about it. They just finished production and we have one on the sales floor. I will try to post some pics.

Don't know why you would want to go with the non cat stove. I have the 91 and love the thing. We burned it for the first time last winter and the wife and I were walking around in shorts and tank tops in 25 degree weather. This baby puts out some heat! Not to mention the long burn times. 8-9hrs easily. I will always have a cat stove for the simple fact that you don't have to load it as often and it saves on wood. And judging by the way this one is built its appears that this is the stove that I will always have as it is built like a tank and I don't for see having to replace it anytime soon, if ever.

I like having both a cat and non-cat. In the shoulder season, the non-cat is great to take the chill out at night with a one - two load fire.

I am sure Buck just saw the market for a large non-cat and with a few mods were able to open themselves to another market. As for ugly...I kinda like most stoves. Actually the only ones I don't care for are the modern ones with sleek lines. But then, I also am not a fan of modern furniture or contemporary floorplans.

Remember beauty is in eye of the beer holder.

And some are so ugly that you like the looks. Functionality makes up for lack of beauty. ie, the BK.

Well, some cooks are like that. Ok as long as you don't have to look in the kitchen. :gulp: :lol:

Attachments

• uglywoman.jpg
    uglywoman.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 487
THEMAN said:
8-9hrs easily.

Only 8-9 hours out of a 4.4 cu ft firebox?

I think those times are when burning cardboard. LOL

SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
8-9hrs easily.

Of constant high heat yes. Then another 3 or so hours of slowly decreasing heat.

branchburner said:
firefighterjake said:
Which reminds me . . . what is "The Stove" for 2010 . . . I can't think of any stove or stove line that is really wowing people this year . . . I mean sure we still have fanboys of Jotuls, PEs, Woodstocks, Englanders, etc. . . . but maybe it's just me but I haven't seen any one stove that has been the cat's meow this year.

I thought it was the new Super Woodstock.

madrone said:
branchburner said:
firefighterjake said:

I thought it was the new Super Woodstock.

Not sure it will qualify, with an expected mid-season release. Will be in the running next year for sure :)

THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
8-9hrs easily.

Of constant high heat yes. Then another 3 or so hours of slowly decreasing heat.

How long at low burn if you go down to the point that you can reload and keep going without kindling?

central_scrutinizer said:
Both the 91 and 94 list for $2854 in Matte Black with no gold options.

So is the 94 replacing the 91? I'd hate to see that big cat go away.

SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
8-9hrs easily.

How long at low burn if you go down to the point that you can reload and keep going without kindling?

Not sure I understand the question but if your asking how long it will burn before I have to add kindling to get it going again, then it would be indefinitely. During the winter I put in a load before bed and in the morning there is still plenty of coals burning to start the next load right up, so as long as you don't let the coals die off you could keep it going indefinitely which would be true for most stove I would imagine.

THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
8-9hrs easily.

Not sure I understand the question but if your asking how long it will burn before I have to add kindling to get it going again, then it would be indefinitely. During the winter I put in a load before bed and in the morning there is still plenty of coals burning to start the next load right up, so as long as you don't let the coals die off you could keep it going indefinitely which would be true for most stove I would imagine.

I think he means how long until the coals will no longer ignite a fresh load of wood. This, of course, varies quite a bit depending on the type of wood being used also.

Chargerman said:
THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN said:
SolarAndWood said:
THEMAN" date="1285161360 said:
8-9hrs easily.

I think he means how long until the coals will no longer ignite a fresh load of wood. This, of course, varies quite a bit depending on the type of wood being used also.

Yeah after I posted it I figured perhaps thats what he was after. I would say 12-14hrs depending on the wood. Also you have to take into consideration the thickness of the wood and how much you load the stove. For instance last year I loaded the stove with 6-8in rounds in the morning and they burnt the entire day, didn't have to load the stove again till around 10-11 that evening. My temps here aren't as low as in other however and my house is very well sealed and insulated as a matter of fact I have to open a window when ever I light the stove or it will back puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.