no "Reply" box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Having problems with my Laptop.....I can read, and "like" threads, but cannot reply to them. My Avatar is there, but there is no reply box....also cannot create a post....I'm using my ultra slow desktop at the moment. I'm not computer savy at all, so any step by step suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks:cool:

Which forum room?

Which forum room?

Any Forum room
if the thread has been closed by a mod you can still "like" but not reply, look at the botom of the page and see if ist says 'you are not authorized to reply to this thread" or similar.

Thread is open

Sounds like maybe Javascript is turned off?

Always try downloading a different browser - Chrome, if possible.
I usually use IE, and have tried Google Chrome....same result. How do I check, and turn on Javascript ?

I think I can fix this. It is due to the newest windows updates....have to update a "jquery" file here.

Try it again in an hour or so...
Hey !!!......it works...WOO HOOO:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.