Noisy? Pacific Energy "Pacific" insert vs. Regency i2400 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I know that I can turn off the Pacific fan if I want to, can anyone comment on whether an insert will get too hot, without the fan on to dissipate heat for an hour or so?

Northeaster1 said:
Now that I know that I can turn off the Pacific fan if I want to, can anyone comment on whether an insert will get too hot, without the fan on to dissipate heat for an hour or so?

No, it won't get too hot without the blower blowing.

We have a Homestead. It heats are 1500 square ft pretty easily.

Chillpill said:
With a hearth stove, we'd lose quite a bit of efficiency, no? Or would we be able to get a BIGGER stove, thus actually improving the benefit (since we're now stuck with the smallest inserts)?

When we initially bought our PE Summit, we planned to install it inside the fireplace. However, when it was delivered and set on the side of the room, we decided we really liked it there a lot better and figured it would be a bit more efficient in an open location.

We are very happy with that decision. :)

So far, I've kept the blower setting pretty low and can't even tell when the blower is running except for hearing the relay quietly click in when the blower starts. If/when we get really cold weather, I will probably turn it up a bit. But it is a thousand times quieter than our pellet stove!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.