Non flammable shim?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warm_in_NH

Minister of Fire
Dec 17, 2013
central NH or N.E. CT.
My stove had little pieces of what looked like cork or felt between the metal clips that hold the glass and the glass itself.
Over a few years the clips have loosened and been re-tightened but the shim/buffer/gasket between the clip and the glass has vanished.
I'm not talking about the rope gasket that seals the glass to the door, just the buffer that keeps the metal clip from contacting the glass directly. Maybe 1/2" by 1/2" square by 1/8" (max ) thick. Any suggestions as to what to replace this with?
Thanks.

Mine were gone too, i just kept repositioning them and snuging them against the glass. Why not rope gasket or a tad of roxul rolled up! I never got around to try anything....

Maybe some snips of flat glass gasket would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.