NOT so QUIRKY conservation tips.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Netflix and Hulu are cheap for a reason. When I'm out eating a steak the last thing I need is someone telling me how good their bologna sandwich tastes.

Netflix and Hulu are cheap for a reason. When I'm out eating a steak the last thing I need is someone telling me how good their bologna sandwich tastes.
Iv had the steak and its overpriced and tough to chew. I recently broke my arm and had nothing to do for 12 weeks but watch TV. I never ran out of great shows and movies. I do agree with previous posters that its not for sports addicts which i am not.

Dont think i could go back to all the commercials and restrictive program scheduling at any price.

I don't watch commercials unless I want to. I have dvr's which record programs I want to watch and on demand programs. You had a broken arm that took 12 weeks to heal? That sounds serious.
But as far as the tv topic goes whatever you want. If it makes you feel better or smarter or whatever, watching Netflix and Hulu, really whatever. I can afford what I want and I have what I want. So whatever.

The point of the thread is to inform anyone who may benefit from it. Its not about being smarter or feeling better or even what you can afford, My bills are about 10% of my income.i invest the rest.Spending $75+ a month on Dish is a bad investment for me,but i know its(netflix) not for everyone. They have what i watch ,whenever i want to watch it, for a fraction of the price. Apparently about 25 million other subscribers agree.

So like I said WHATEVER.
You have now informed. You will always be thought of as the informer to me.
You are a great success investing in Nitflex and Hulu I suppose.
Congrats! Do you feel better , smarter or better invested?
Hopefully all of the above.

I'm all into quirkiness. Consistent with other comments, wife agreed with me to try an antenna to see what we could pick up and pair with Netflix, Hulu, etc. so that we can drop the Dish; HDTV antenna is on order. We are 30-60 miles from repeater stations, so the results should be interesting.

Also decided to join the 3rd world a bit and go part way with solar space lighting. Bought from Nokero the solar N200, N220 and booklight - will also double as camping and emergency lighting. Impressive products in quality and performance. As I write this the N220 is over the computer work desk providing plenty of light, the N200 is used as an under-counter light keeping the coffee maker area lit and ready to fill the cup with endless JO. Also, use an insulated thermos once the coffee is made so that the maker can be turned off - no need to keep the warmer on when the thermos an keep the coffee hot for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.