Nothing Beats Free Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mrsmarv said:
We haven't paid for any wood for this year's burning and we have close to 5 cords of seasoned, ready to go wood. We've been "collecting" wood from friends and family and from the side of the road. Hubby was cutting some up during the spring and a guy stopped and told him that burning wood was a lifestyle and tha's pretty much true. Nothing says lovin' like free wood for your oven.
And a hello and wave to KatWill from :p Beacon. Howdy, neighbor! We're across the mountain from you in Wiccopee (near the Sharpe Reservation).

That is very nice when you get the wood for the picking. And you are right about this being a lifestyle....and a darned nice one too.

Shawn G said:
My brother is clearing out his property around his house to let in more light, he has close to 8 cord of oak cut and split and says I can have it all, but I have to drive half hour one way and I have only a 5.5 ft bed on my f150 supercrew, so I bought a trailer last week to take more in one haul, just cant pass up 8 cord of free oak already cut split and stacked for over 2 years!

please stop...
:)

uhhhh... A guy just called me and said he had 257 cords of 3 year old Black Locust and a free 1 yr old EPA stove but I have to pick it up tonight and he lives 12 minutes away and I will have to load it myself so I said no.

j/k

Ratman said:
Shawn G said:
My brother is clearing out his property around his house to let in more light, he has close to 8 cord of oak cut and split and says I can have it all, but I have to drive half hour one way and I have only a 5.5 ft bed on my f150 supercrew, so I bought a trailer last week to take more in one haul, just cant pass up 8 cord of free oak already cut split and stacked for over 2 years!

please stop...
:)

I'm sorry, where are my manners :lol:

SolarAndWood said:
Shawn G said:
I'm in the process of putting taller sides on it as we speak, soon as that's done i'll snap a few picks of it, it's a 5x13 single 3500lb axle.

Be careful with that...I have a 5x8 with a 5K axle, 4 foot sides, and a noticeable bend in the tongue. It adds up quick.

I absolutely agree, If I were to fill it up even with a 3500 lb axle it would be way overloaded, less is more in this case

Status
Not open for further replies.