Nothing heats like a Vogelzang

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Webwidow got these from her friends...I think it is an actual setup.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 741
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 720
Had one in the basement for years. Heat output made that little Jotul F3CB that is down there now look like a wimp. Still have a kit on the shelf in the garage and should probably make another one. And it burned so hot that the flue tiles always looked like the day they came from the factory.

When I hauled it outside I cut the barrel in half and made a pig cooker out of it. Sucker cooks a half a pig at a time.

That puppy looks like it's seen more fires o'hell than angels. With all the attempts at thermal mass, it looks like a stone mason's shop or house? I'm surprised and somewhat relieved to see that at least there is some class A pipe involved. I supposed screws in joints might be asking too much?

Eeekkk, that thing just LOOKS mean. Thats gotta be about 350,000 btu of heat with about 2 tons of thermal mass. If it doesn't burn his house down, I'll bet it heats like mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.