Oak Euphoria

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Caw

Minister of Fire
May 26, 2020
Massachusetts
Was out on the tractor mowing the lawn today and decided to take a peek at my 1.5 year old oak stack for this coming winter. I was expecting 20-24% but it came in at 16-18% on a fresh split! That's obviously not a scientific number since it wasn't ideal measuring conditions but given that its got another whole summer to season I'm a happy camper. I made smaller splits for this rack so I could get ahead a year and it payed off. Sitting pretty now with two cords of this oak and two cords of two year old ash/maple for this winter then 8 cords of oak/maple lined up for the next two seasons. A full 3 year cycle.

Gordon cameo!

20220517_160752.jpg