Oak for free

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Don't be a sissy! Get a maul and split it like a man!

Reactions: wooduser
I have an 8lb maul and an X27, but also a splitter.

I am just kidding about the maul. Sometimes, like when I get access to hickory, I wish I had a splitting machine. I can't split hickory with the maul.

Jan you just recently became a US citizen. What country did you come from?

We were born in The Netherlands.

That is what I was going to guess, Holland. I have been there, went to the Rembrandt Museum and also the Heineken brewery in Amsterdam.
Welcome to America!

That sounds right the Rijks Museum. Long time ago. They had many of Rembrandt's masterpieces.
Also great beer there at the brewery. Fresh draft beer all you can drink in an hour. Good looking stacked blonde Dutch waitresses serving up the beer. Free beer! Welcome to Holland, I said!
The Heineken you buy in America is not nearly so good, because beer needs to be fresh.

Reactions: coutufr