Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
My oak is a running down into my crawlspace and over to an outside wall.about a distance of 15 ft.i was thinking of just bringing the air in from the crawlspace with a distance of about 5 feet.my concern is the crawlspace is a bit musty and if this smell will come into the stove area.thoughts

Last edited:
Do you need that air supply to the stove?

I found that with the minimum length of chimney with this stove it worked much better.

Is the crawlspace open to the outside? Doing that might completely negate the "outside" part of OAK, and begine to depressurize the house. Also, if you get a reversal, you may light your crawlspace up?

My oak is a running down into my crawlspace and over to an outside wall.about a distance of 15 ft.i was thinking of just bringing the air in from the crawlspace with a distance of about 5 feet.my concern is the crawlspace is a bit musty and if this smell will come into the stove area.thoughts
If the crawlspace is ventilated to the outdoors then that should be ok. The smell shouldn't enter the house.