oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinky

Hearth Supporter
Dec 30, 2010
Northeast
we are new pellet stove owners and am reading about an "oak" does any one know if my new "englander 25 ep" comes with one?
i never thought that this would be so much work, i'm wondering if i bought the wrong kind of stove?

Pinky said:
we are new pellet stove owners and am reading about an "oak" does any one know if my new "englander 25 ep" comes with one?
i never thought that this would be so much work, i'm wondering if i bought the wrong kind of stove?

I believe all of the ESW stoves come with an OAK.

As for the rest there is no such thing as a free meal, you pay one way or the other.

BTW, welcome to the forum Pinky.

Here you can feel at home with fellow pellet burners.

Pinky said:

All new Englander stoves come with the OAK kit stored inside the hopper. They are not hard to install.

No offense, but if this seems like a lot of work, maybe you're not the type to have a pellets stove. They require periodic cleanings, filling of the hopper, checking of gaskets, etc, etc. They are not "fill the hopper and forget it".

Welcome aboard...

While these stoves DO require more than just a casual cleaning I think you'll get the hang of it as you learn to live with your new Englander... we have the benefit of having their senior tech as a member here (Mike Holten) and he is always willing to help out. imacman is the 'other' resident expert on the Englander stoves... he takes toll free calls about stove problems 24/7.... he'll even accept your collect calls!!!

Have fun and keep you eyes open... you will learn a lot.

krooser said:
he takes toll free calls about stove problems 24/7.... he'll even accept your collect calls!!!....

Yes, the number is 1-800-call Krooser

Status
Not open for further replies.