Ok guys leave my stash alone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She put the fat guy on guard now, try to sneak up on him!
View My Video

Nice Christmas decorations OMV!
i convinced her not to do the whole yard and house this year. im hoping she dont change her mind... i just keep telling her how great it looks ;)

speaking of deer and shrubs if anyone has an electric fence please pm me i need some knowledge

lWho has the bolt cutters with the insulated handles?

Reactions: Eatonpcat
lWho has the bolt cutters with the insulated handles?

lol. for real though me and the wife were out shopping all day the deer netting looks to cheap and the orange/black snow fence is gonna look like crap
i have 300 feet to do and it has to be economical and temporary ( for the winter )
But i guess my main question is does the electric fence shock anywhere on a deer? or just like their nose and mouth

If it's anything like a horse fence, whatever touches it will get zapped.

Try bar soap as an experiment. A lot of old apple orchards around me used to hang bar soap around the perimeter. I don't know if it worked or not. Use to see it out hunting in the fall.

ya irish spring, using that now, also made the egg spray with garlic and pepper etc my main concern is the snowfall, when that occurs its no holds barred on trees they gotta eat

Try talking to your state wildlife people or biologists. Maybe they can offer some suggestions. Maybe coyote urine or something like that. I'm not used to trying to keep them away. It's usually the other way around.

Try bar soap as an experiment. A lot of old apple orchards around me used to hang bar soap around the perimeter. I don't know if it worked or not. Use to see it out hunting in the fall.

Your plants might be saved with subsailor's recommendation. There are a number of long time homeowners that have used that on shrubs around their homes with some success.

Like most repellent methods it will fail once the critter gets really hungry..

You shouldn't need a very large zapper to cover that area, you do however need to make sure you have it well grounded or it will be useless.

Visit a feed store and see what they have available, a lot of horse and chicken keepers use them. There used to be about 3600 feet of the yellow electro-rope around the pasture next door, the zapper was just a about the size of a car battery and could have driven a lot more fencing.

Blue seal and TSC usually have the chargers in stock. You can use any post to hold the insulators. Just don't let the wire touch the post.

I guess the big guy didn't repel em?

i was at TSC today and she was looking at them and of course i said i dont want that lol
now im considering that. that was a fluke the other night they usually dont go there but if you look to the left of the video you will see a small treeline i planted its 100 feet and 45 trees
so if they feast its gonna be costly but more importantly i lose my privacy fence

You better build it 10 feet high! Let me guess, you planted cedar trees?
nah green giants suppose to be deer resistant but well we know how that goes
i knew the risks

blonde?

Status
Not open for further replies.