OK GUYS, WHATS THIS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wrong before. Last time was about five years ago... thought I made a mistake but I was wrong LOL

I'm siding with the cottonwood folks on this one. The gnarly bark could be a lot of woods, but the ends sure looks like the soft frizzy wood and bark you see with cottonwood. I just don't see how that end could be locust, walnut or chestnut.

Please split it already!

jamie1340 said:
Kinda punky? Looks like cottonwood. Fuzzey seeds that fly around in summer.
First post.I love this site. Did not want to post until I could be helpful.

Good on yer. Lotsa folks mainly say "me too" in their posts, as if to say "lookee me."
OTOH, raising the signal/noise ratio, priceless. You're helpful. I'd have guessed ash from the bark.

Welcome, Jamie.

am i missing something..im telling u...locust....get it split it will tell the story..

When you cut it with chainsaw, and the dust and chips look as though you were cutting fresh green treated lumber, then around here it"s B/L

Cottonwood, without a doubt!!

I still say it ain't black locust. Not tryin' to start a 'wood war' :) but it ain't black locust!

Split it, and take pics in broad daylight, and post 'em up on here so we can settle this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.