Okanagan Black Hills?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am :)

I figger when all you pellet pigs are sittin around here this winter whining about how cold it is outside I'm gonna dump another bag of black hills in the hopper and watch my tubes turn orange :cool:

Or making lots of trips to empty the cheetah vac LOL

A little birdy told me next week

I was thinking more flying like a vulture here ;lol

omv ya killin me

Reactions: oldmountvernon
I have it on good authority (this guy is stalking me by the way, he reads what I say here and emails me LOL) these will be into the plant today and will be bagging later or tomorrow and ready for pickup as soon as tomorrow. I got a ton wonder how many others they sold. Now I HOPE these come minus the internal organic bag shields and automatic hopper dammers that the Okies had in this last batch.

Looks like we're headin to the black hills for Thanksgiving WOOHOO :)

Comments...

The fines look about the same as the straight okies I got a few weeks ago.
Bags are STRONG. We ripped a 5x5 hole in one putting it in the truck when it got hung up on the ceiling. I picked it off the top of the pile and carried it upstairs one handed using the hole as a handle. Best bags out there.
Pellets dumped in the hods have an interesting "sound" to them....or lack thereof. They have a sound deadening quality to them. Usually when you drop pellets in the empty hod it makes a loud noise, these don't. The color of the pellets isn't consistent which is something I've never seen before. Must be something they are doing. Some pellets are lighter colored and some are darker colored. It looks like a mix if you were to look at it close. I seriously doubt that but just posting what I see. Same "dead" sound when you dump them in the hopper. No little tick/tinkle noise like you hear on most pellets.

Lengths are not what you see in normal Okies. Not anything wrong but these are more like pellets than the chippy/finesy stuff that you associate with okies. There's a more rounded size of pellets from 1/4 to 1" long.

I'm shutting my email off I sense someone watching ROFLMAO

I got a half hopper of lacretes n trebios in right now I'll tell you tomorrow morning I'm going to run straight black hills now. I figure the hopper will be fully black hills by the am then I'll tell you.

I did my standard 1/2 handful open the door throw in test. I could feel the heat difference 12' away. ROAR :)

Don't be putting words in my mouth yet :)

PICS of the product ?

Stand by your wish is my command.

There's a pic of the bottom of the bag. As I said fines look the same.....more after dinner

photo111.JPG

thinking they made a BIG mistake using clear bags . that said how would our other pellets look through clear bags ?

thinking they made a BIG mistake using clear bags . that said how would our other pellets look through clear bags ?

Unfortunately, Not that bad. Turmans uses a clear bag, as do a few others. The clear bags was so you can see what yer getting. I'd like to get a bag to see what the percentage of fines is! Odd thing is they wanted to bag them locally to reduce the fines. Doesn't seem to be working!.

Sorry Doug, This just isn't exceptable!

Is Upton a bagging plant or a grinding and then bagging plant?

Reactions: oldmountvernon
I think it's more of a bagging followed by grinding plant.

K here's a hod of Black Hills. The second pic is a hod of Lacretes which are virtually the same color as okies. These pics will give you an idea of the color and differences in the pellets as I mentioned earlier.

J tell ya buddy to give you a bag. photo113.JPG

Here's the Lacrete's. Photo taken 2' away in same room so color temperature etc is the same for color comparison.

photo112.JPG

bart-simpson-4.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.