Okay another newbie with a 1557

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffcmckinney

Oct 5, 2007
Hello,
I have installed an US Stove 1557 in my house. Built a new 24' 8x12 masonry chimney. The only thing I'm not real happy with is the consumption of wood. Should I have a damper in my stove pipe or not? I've had mixed reviews from people I've asked at work but leaning more toward yes. My fire is only good for about four hours. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you

if your blowers are running most the time then a damper could be use to slow the fire down.

what type of wood you using?How much have you used so far?

Burning a mix of seasoned hardwood maple, oak, and ash. I've burned a tier of wood 10' long 6' tall 16"-20" in length in approximately 2 weeks. My blowers do seem to run alot.

if your getting more than enough heat i would put a damper on so you can slow down the burn when needed! Will give you more control when you dont need as much heat. Change your title 1557 you will get more repleys

Status
Not open for further replies.