Okay new idea of stove pipe run.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

usefulidi0t

Feb 18, 2024
Kansas
My idea is this for stove pipe run. Sorry for the incessant posts I’m just trying to get a game plan because once I put a hole in the wall I’m commited.

Pipe adapter at back of stove
Clean out tee placed into pipe adapter
2 pcs 1 foot segment vertical
90 degree elbow towards wall
1 pc 1 foot section horizontal through wall
Termination cap

That way stove pipe is mostly hidden. Easier to clean and less joints to leak.

Thoughts?

Obviously backdraft is an issue so supplementing setup with APC pure sinewave UPS.

Take it out past the wall a little more.
How far above the grade will it be
Prevailing wind?

so up two foot 90 out and have about 18 inches protruding out on outside of house? I am utilizing an OAK as well.

Emailed the following to Nick Bruce at DuraVent…
-—-—-—-
What termination cap do you suggest for pellet stove vented on prevailing wind side of house?

Would a clean out tee coming off back of stove going to 2 foot vertical to 90 to 2 foot horizontal out of house suffice if I use an uninterruptible power supply for power outages to combat back drafting? That way stove pipe is hidden (no painting needed) 😂.

And he said
-—-—-—-
That’s a good run with good vertical height suggest the

3PVL-HC is good if high up on wall(2nd story)

If its just at ground level go with the square cap 3PVL-HSC

So my question to him was wouldn’t 2 foot of horizontal and a 90 and a clean out tee be too much horizontal? Wait to see what he said. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Personally, I'd go straight out to a clean-out tee, vertical to 36 inches below eves (bungalow ) 90 to termination cap
2-story 8 feet vertical 90 termination cap. Remember Pellet Stoves do not draft well (Forced draft), unlike a wood stove

Don’t have time to secure/buy a 45 degree fitting and wait for shipping. Nothing local. It’s a corner install. Cousin will be here this weekend to help me.
IMG_0464.jpeg

Alright, I made a commitment @johneh -

Inside --
1 -Stove Adapter
1 -Cleanout Tee
4 - 12" sections vertical
1 - 90º elbow

Through wall/outside --
2 - 12" sections horizontal
1 - 3PVL-HSC Termination to stave prevailing wind off

1713924152510.png

Shall I send it?