Q&A Old Schrader Woodstove Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am an underwriter for an insurance company and was trying to find information on clearances/manufacturers spec's for installation on a Schrader woodstove.

I could not locate a homepage for Schrader, as I have for others.Would have an idea about the appropriate clearances? I do not have a year or model number. A speedy reply would be appreciated as an applicant's coverage depends on this- I have denied it for improper clearances. Thanks.

Answer:

This is an older stove, and the company is long out of business. You would have to use "generic" clearances as defined in NFPA 211 or any similar mechanical code.

Status
Not open for further replies.