Older Non Cat Blaze King Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodguy55

Jan 9, 2018
Oregon
Hi, I Recently acquired a Blaze King Princess Model PM 202. It's in very good condition . It will be replacing our 35 year old (we bought it new in '82, it has been burning wood ever since) airtight stove made by a local company, that is heating our 1500+ sq ft home with the stove at one end of the house, using a fan behind the stove to push air. This is our ONLY heat source. The main room with the stove stays a toasty 80, while the bathroom at the far end is 65 on a good day.

My questions are: will the Blaze King heat this area and what kind of burn times can I expect. Wood is entirely lodgepole pine mostly split in medium sized pieces. I have heard that the thermostat on the Blaze King is somewhat finicky Is this true? Any pointers on using this stove is appreciated. Thanks.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the 202 just about as old? It will heat but it will also eat a lot of wood.

Reactions: Tar12