Oliver MacLeod fireplace manual wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TorontoHI

Nov 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Anyone have any installation / owner's manuals for an Oliver MacLeod factory built fireplace model Regal 3438, prox age 1984? It is installed in a condo in Toronto, Ontario. Manufacturer was originally in Gravenhurst, Ontario, out of business.
Thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• IMG_6641.JPG
    IMG_6641.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,996
  • IMG_6647.JPG
    IMG_6647.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 2,530
Anyone have any installation / owner's manuals for an Oliver MacLeod factory built fireplace model Regal 3438, prox age 1984? It is installed in a condo in Toronto, Ontario. Manufacturer was originally in Gravenhurst, Ontario, out of business.
Thanks for any tips.

Thanks for any tips.

Any chance you could take a better photo of this manual?

No can't take better picture it was a jpeg sent to me by client but it was zoomable on my phone when I uploaded it client since sold it sorry

Thanks for any tips.
As this unit is over 25 years of age, it warrants replacement, ESPECIALLY in a Condo application. All the clearances on this unit MUST be observed at 1" from the standoffs on the unit. and 2" on the chimney system [which is most likely OM Projet Chimney]. It was common back in the day for the contractor to insulate around a unit. If you are doing a WETT Inspection for Code COmpliance I would STRONGLY recommend a Level II inspection and the use of a Boroscope to see in behind this unit and to check the clearances on the chimney inside the compartments. We have seen too many from this era installed incorrectly, As a matter of fact we just shut down an entire complex because of the clearance issues.

As this unit is over 25 years of age, it warrants replacement, ESPECIALLY in a Condo application. All the clearances on this unit MUST be observed at 1" from the standoffs on the unit. and 2" on the chimney system [which is most likely OM Projet Chimney]. It was common back in the day for the contractor to insulate around a unit. If you are doing a WETT Inspection for Code COmpliance I would STRONGLY recommend a Level II inspection and the use of a Boroscope to see in behind this unit and to check the clearances on the chimney inside the compartments. We have seen too many from this era installed incorrectly, As a matter of fact we just shut down an entire complex because of the clearance issues.

Attachments

• IMG_6647.JPG
    IMG_6647.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 648
  • OMRegal28.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 824
  • OMregalpg1.pdf
    793.6 KB · Views: 1,264
  • OMRegalpg2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 601
  • OMRegalpg3.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 561