OMG...I won a free ton of pellets!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk, Did you try yours yet?

No, the Denrich Company in Quakertown (NEWP said they will contact me) hasn't contacted me yet about delivery. They are a landscape supply or something that carries NEWP, O'Malley and Tri State Bio Fuels. I hope to hear from them this week. If not, I will give them a call. They are killing me, I want to give them a try before it gets too warm. I hope they burn decent for you.

So far not bad at all! It got pretty warm in here rather quickly! :)

I was told they took our comments and ran with it. And I believe it with what I am seeing. They jacked up the density on them and it shows with the extra heat I am seeing. 248ºF is much hotter than what I have seen in the past. And the average pellet length is about 1/2 inch long. I am sure that is helping get volume to the burnpot as well!

Only problem I see is here in CT. they are going for about $260 a ton. Right now there are a lot of other comparable pellets out there for less money. So I will have to wait for the spring price special.

Review will be posted here when complete

Thanks Jay...as soon as I get them, I will post.....hopefully this week!

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk, Did you try yours yet?

No, the Denrich Company in Quakertown (NEWP said they will contact me) hasn't contacted me yet about delivery. They are a landscape supply or something that carries NEWP, O'Malley and Tri State Bio Fuels. I hope to hear from them this week. If not, I will give them a call. They are killing me, I want to give them a try before it gets too warm. I hope they burn decent for you.

So far not bad at all! It got pretty warm in here rather quickly! :)

I was told they took our comments and ran with it. And I believe it with what I am seeing. They jacked up the density on them and it shows with the extra heat I am seeing. 248ºF is much hotter than what I have seen in the past. And the average pellet length is about 1/2 inch long. I am sure that is helping get volume to the burnpot as well!

Only problem I see is here in CT. they are going for about $260 a ton. Right now there are a lot of other comparable pellets out there for less money. So I will have to wait for the spring price special.

Review will be posted here when complete

Jay....pellets are finally coming Tuesday....how did you make out in your test?...I see the review hasn't been fully updated yet.....

slvrblkk said:
Jay....pellets are finally coming Tuesday....how did you make out in your test?...I see the review hasn't been fully updated yet.....

I got about 1 of the 2 bags burnt and the temps warmed up so much, The stove has been off. I might have to open the windows to finish them! Should be cooler this weekend and hoping to finish the review. Nice white talc burn so far and seems pretty clean! Not much ash in the burnpot either.

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

I got about 1 of the 2 bags burnt and the temps warmed up so much, The stove has been off. I might have to open the windows to finish them! Should be cooler this weekend and hoping to finish the review. Nice white talc burn so far and seems pretty clean! Not much ash in the burnpot either.

Nice...I'm definitely going to toss a bag in Tuesday and I'll post what I think later in the week....

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

Nice...I'm definitely going to toss a bag in Tuesday and I'll post what I think later in the week....

All finished with test! Only had one very small clinker, Not a problem but noted for others just in case. Nice heat, low ash with a good burn length. Now if I can only score them for a reasonable price?

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

All finished with test! Only had one very small clinker, Not a problem but noted for others just in case. Nice heat, low ash with a good burn length. Now if I can only score them for a reasonable price?

As luck would have it, they can't bring the pellets until the 29th....it figures, I just did a complete season end clean yesterday in preparation of trying some tomorrow ...yeah well.........

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

As luck would have it, they can't bring the pellets until the 29th....it figures, I just did a complete season end clean yesterday in preparation of trying some tomorrow ...yeah well.........

End of season, Really? Wish I could say that. My stove has been doing some morning chill off burns. More rain heading in so I should be able to finish the Energex Americans I am testing. Hopefully you get a chance to burn some, But they will be there in the fall when you shall need them for real! :)

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk" date="1302831108 said:

End of season, Really? Wish I could say that. My stove has been doing some morning chill off burns. More rain heading in so I should be able to finish the Energex Americans I am testing. Hopefully you get a chance to burn some, But they will be there in the fall when you shall need them for real! :)

I was burning a bit here and there but nothing too much....wifey was complaining that it was getting too hot! Stove is completely clean but I'm waiting for some gaskets from Englander.....How did the Energex burn? Since no one knows for sure I guess, you think the Stove Chows are re=bagged Energex?

slvrblkk said:
.........How did the Energex burn? Since no one knows for sure I guess, you think the Stove Chows are re=bagged Energex?..........

I'd say our hunch is right on the money! Same pellet different bag and burning fine. Hopefully by the weekend they will be finished and I will post the info.

Might be able to get a few more in with the weather being up and down. Still waiting for the Geneva Super Premiums to come in. So I'll burn some more MWP and Maybe some Maine Choice. Looking for 2 tons of shoulder pellets to finish my 2012/2013 pellet hunt. Something under $220/ton I hope!

Well, they finally showed up yesterday....It looks like to old style bags (not the clear window)....Probably won't be able to try them until the fall......

Attachments

• pellets1.jpg
    pellets1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 280
nice ..... cant complain about free even if they are not the new ones . burn them when its not to cold out .

slvrblkk said:
Well, they finally showed up yesterday....It looks like to old style bags (not the clear window)....Probably won't be able to try them until the fall......

Some of the later batches were better than I tested last season. There is a code/batch number perforated on the top left on the bags. Can you post it?

j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

Some of the later batches were better than I tested last season. There is a code/batch number perforated on the top left on the bags. Can you post it?

Jay....one bag was 1030 and another was 1004.........the numbers are actually printed on the bags from the inside of the bag....

slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

Jay....one bag was 1030 and another was 1004.........the numbers are actually printed on the bags from the inside of the bag....

Also 9333...9318.....so others that I can't make out

slvrblkk said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

You shouldn't be getting a lot of batch numbers within a pallet of pellets.

SmokeyTheBear said:
slvrblkk said:
slvrblkk said:
j-takeman said:
slvrblkk said:

You shouldn't be getting a lot of batch numbers within a pallet of pellets.

I was thinking the same thing....however, they were free! Jay might know what the numbers mean.....maybe.....Hopefully they correspond to the months (10,9) and not the year! If so, I have a lot of bags from 09!

Negative on the month idea. It was strange to me as a dealer but the told me how to read it. The first number stands for year and and that should be 2011. The last three numbers are the day of the year out of 365. So you have 1-30-2011, 1-4-2011 and then 11-29-2009 and 11-14-2009. What you have is a re-stack. NEWP opens the bags up of old stock and decides if it is good or bad and if good the re-stack and sell. I know people who burn them with no problem some times reported lower heat but it was free, hard to complain when it is free.

Meneillys said:
Negative on the month idea. It was strange to me as a dealer but the told me how to read it. The first number stands for year and and that should be 2011. The last three numbers are the day of the year out of 365. So you have 1-30-2011, 1-4-2011 and then 11-29-2009 and 11-14-2009. What you have is a re-stack. NEWP opens the bags up of old stock and decides if it is good or bad and if good the re-stack and sell. I know people who burn them with no problem some times reported lower heat but it was free, hard to complain when it is free.

Very interesting.....thanks for the info!

Meneillys said:

Definitely looks like a re-stack to me too. Thats not the typical looking NEWP pallet. I see only 9 layers of bags which are usually stacked 5 to a layer. Are there 50 bags?

Harman Lover 007 said:
Meneillys said:

Definitely looks like a re-stack to me too. Thats not the typical looking NEWP pallet. I see only 9 layers of bags which are usually stacked 5 to a layer. Are there 50 bags?

Yes, 50 bags...the pic might look a little squashed since I re-sized it.

slvrblkk said:
Meneillys said:

Very interesting.....thanks for the info!

Meneillys, Thanks for answering about the batch info! I was going to have to dig thru the older threads to figure them out.

slvrblkk, Seeing as its a re-stacked pallet. You get some up's and down's. the "09" stuff might be higher in ash than the "11's" But in all they will burn better than the Tree cycle we were messing with. You should be ok for you and like someone said "It's hard to beat free heat!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.