Online Remote Stove Monitoring Ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwburn

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Connecticut
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday about IP camera systems that allow you to see a video camera feed at say your house from anywhere you may be with access to the internet or even your cell phone. He has a Panasonic camera set up looking at his airplane he has parked in a hangar and he can see the video and control pan/tilt/zoom from any internet browser and also see the video on his cell phone(no control capability). Apparently Panasonic and one other brand both have low cost systems (wired approx $150- and wifi wireless approx $225). These systems only need access to your internet router and not a computer running all the time to support them.

Anyway, it got me thinking about different ways to monitor your wood stove temps and burning when you aren't home. I know someone mentioned doing it in the past. Curious what if anyone has done and if they have thought of cheaper ways to do it (always good!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.