OOMA VOIP?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

55Razor

Jan 23, 2008
St.Clair,Mich.
Has anyone here used this? I am looking at their new TELO device. I would like to be able to still use my cordless phones (2 handsets kept in different rooms) How strightforward, or not, was the hardware installation and number setup? What do you like/dislike? Easy to use? ( I have my MIL living with us) Do you use the TELO cordless handsets, or your own? Is the Premium service worth paying for? How well does the Voicemail and Caller ID work?Anything else I should know? Lots of questions I know, but any information will help. Thanks in advance!

My dad has been using it for 2 and 1/2 years and there really isnt a difference between ATT and OOMA except no bill. He is using his old cordless phones. If I remember correctly the people that were having issues were connected after their routers so we hooked his up directly to the modem and there have been no issues. VM, caller ID and call waiting work flawlessly. The only thing to worry about w/ VOIP is no phones if there isnt any power.

Status
Not open for further replies.