Oops is all i can say.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey21

Minister of Fire
Oct 28, 2010
Soutwest VA
Went to bed last night with the air control open a little more then normal stove was cruising at 500. Well it must have took off cause one of my thermometer's slid off the side of the stove and glass was cleaner. Thankfully because of SAFETY codes everything is fine stove looks fine too.

My point is clearances.

Did you have to open a window to cool off enough to sleep? :rolleyes:

magnets loose their grip when they get too hot.
most magnetic thermos come with a safety screw, use it :)
i've seen a few round burn marks on carpet in my day...
Yeah above 800 degrees and i don't think i want to drill a hole in my stove.

I burn hot enough to clean the glass nearly every burn. If the glass doesn't come clean then I know I was not burning hot enough. I can say how that affects the magneticness of my magnetic thermometer because the thermometer is on top of the stove, on the horizontal part.

I burn hot enough to clean the glass nearly every burn. If the glass doesn't come clean then I know I was not burning hot enough. I can say how that affects the magneticness of my magnetic thermometer because the thermometer is on top of the stove, on the horizontal part.
I use to take stove top readings but my stove top stays cooler then the sides of the stove. But i don't think it done any damage to my stove i doubt the high heat lasted very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.