Operator 0 Tree 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Hooked the tree saver strap with a d shackle up to the winch, started to come up and then straight into the side hill. Had to stop because there was to much tension on the winch wire, any ideas on how to get some up lift on the end of the tree being pulled.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0270.jpg
    100_0270.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 577
  • 100_0269.jpg
    100_0269.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 567
Zap, if the tree is just for fire wood, then buck that large portion in half. Re-grab it with a steel choker closer to the base/ end it is being pulled from. If you spiral your lead end of the choker around the log it will cause the log to start to rotate the end out of trouble that it has gotten into. Then grab your next piece closer to the end with that steel choker. Out it will come. Save that nice tree saver for other rigging's. :)

Yep, get some choker chain. then twist it around the base, it'll cause a slight rotation or lifting of the end. Or use that tree saver along with a snatch block to a tree uphill, a few feet above ground level so the cable comes "down" to the butt end, not inline with it.

or you could cut some of the top growth that is lifting the skinny end up, and pushin the fat end into the ground

Any path where you could get the rhino down there closer and cut the tree smaller

buck it and put some logs under it to use as rollers

zap sometime I have success by making the hook up under the log...helps elevate it incrementally.

savageactor7 said:
zap sometime I have success by making the hook up under the log...helps elevate it incrementally.

Everybody thanks for the help, I do have a snatch block and chain so when I'm back up there I'll give it a try.

Zap

savageactor7 said:

In the logging biz we use a hitch like this.
Cinch your line on the top of the log. Then run your strap against the choking eye down under the log and out the uther side , then to yurn winch and pull away. Will root that phat bastage rite outta there!

["interchangabLEE" ][/quote]

Dig the new username - but not so handy should a quick come back be in order. ;-)

Methinx - randomLEE for your next REEN CAR NATION.

szmaine said:
["interchangabLEE" ]

Dig the new username - but not so handy should a quick come back be in order. ;-)

Methinx - randomLEE for your next REEN CAR NATION.[/quote]

Mmmmmm Hmmmmmm!
MayB!

Status
Not open for further replies.