Opinions on MS200T?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Dec 24, 2009
SoCal Southern Sierras
Well, I have not been exactly a big Stihl fan after my carb experience with my MS250, but I decided I wanted a nice little top handle saw for work up high or occasionally cutting up smaller branches on the ground.

From what I've read and the specs here:

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS200T.html

The MS200T sounds like a pretty good saw for this purpose. I have a chance to buy a new one at a "reasonable" price. Has anyone here used one? What do you think of it?

Attachments

• MS200T.gif
    MS200T.gif
    14 KB · Views: 176
They are Awesome small saw no dought about that the best top handle saw there is! if the price is right.

I had a chance here to try out both of the stihl saws the 200t and the 192t . The 200T seemed to me to be a much better saw then the 192T . I thought the 192T seemed to lack the power to do much with it seemed more like a toy saw . If you can get a good deal on one I would grab it , Resale on them is awsome if you dont want it later on .

192t will cut very good up to about 8in. lacks no power running a .043 chain run one a couple hrs. a week at least. The 200t with the bigger chain I would say the 2 perform fairly close....200t a much better built and does have more power but with the different chains your not going to be able to fill it in the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.