Options for us? Stove, insert??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull it out(as I said)measure big hole behind it.Harman makes zero clearance boxes for their inserts for this purpose.

One other question not asked yet is 'do you know what kind of chimney you have installed right now'? If it is just a pipe to carry away the fumes, it can't be used for a pellet stove. You would need all new piping or if you're lucky, you could pull new flexible pipe up the old pipe if it's big enough.

The owners manual for the EM42 shows that the unit is 42" wide (hence the EM42) by 35" high.

You should be able to install many different pellet inserts into that size of an opening.

In my searches I'm not finding a insert that would even fit the 19inches of the doors. Can the whole unit be pulled out?
I just got a Harman p35i. You can pull it out to clean and I love it.Heats my 1800sqft split level fantastic.im a insert guy myself especially when I'm sipping some Brandi watching the fire in the fireplace lol

Status
Not open for further replies.