< or > 90% efficiency oil furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paulmars

Feb 10, 2017
fl
I just bought a new thermostat for my central oil HVAC unit. Honeywell TH4110D. I can set it for oil heater <90% efficiency or >90% efficiency. I'm not sure which to set it at. I am hoping that my unit is not exactly 90%, cuz then I'm screwed. Bryant model 58cma105-12 installed in year 2001. Bryant wont help me. they insist that i pay a service tech to come here and tell me. That ain't happening.

Also, compressor cycle rate setting 3 is recommended for most compressors. I hope that is what I have.

Your thoughts?

tks,
pa

There isn't a tag on the side listing efficiency?

If not, how is it vented? If not power vented, I bet you're about 85% efficiency. Enough heat has to stay in the exhaust to run the chimney.

Reactions: woodgeek