Ordered a Couple Varios

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
They look cool.
Have to re-orient the flanges though.

6050b2001-1.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to dial them in. I imagine pump curves and estimated head loss will come into play. Maybe delta T on supply and return (I put in an Azel gauge.)

They sure are pretty. :)

I dug my new baby Ecocirc out of the pile it was in yesterday, trying to get planned for installing it in my DHW loop soon with my new flatplate. Took me longer to find the flatplate in the pile, I was starting to panic. I really need to clean up my basement & get some of these projects done before stuff totally disappears.

Why did you go with these pumps vs. a Grundfos Alpha?

The loads are constant, yet it should be nice to have stepless, but manual, control. There is also an Auto version.

Its a great pump . I think its rated just a bit higher in GPM than the alpha pump . My eco I have running as my main pump , it replaced a B&G NRF 36 when I changed out my termovar for a danfoss valve . The savings in electricity will pay for the pump and the danfoss valve and I dont idle anymore .

webie, did you get the Auto or Vario? i was thinking of putting an Auto on the boiler so that it can react to changing zone loads.

I got the vario which is my main boiler pump and runs when I am burning . The way my system is set up it runs when the boiler is above 165 and heats my storage unless there is a heat demand then some heat is diverted through my zones because of weighted gate valves . I was trying to reduce the pump speed when running the boiler and thought I had it set running on 5 but I got into a little better wood and out ran the pump at that speed so what seems to be the best is wide open and let the danfoss valve take care of the mix . I am very happy with the pump . It truelly is only useing 60 watts running wide open . I plugged it into a killowatt and checked it . I am happy to say my last months electric bill was down about 10 bucks .

Status
Not open for further replies.