Orlan EKO Status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffesonm

Minister of Fire
May 29, 2012
central NJ
I saw some threads earlier this year where it was unclear whether Orlan EKO boilers are still being imported. I'm starting to shop for boilers and while the EKO seems to have a solid, 20+ year history, not sure I'd be comfortable buying one if parts aren't readily available. Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

I read about that as well as thought about stocking up on a few wear items. One thing going for the EKO is a pretty large user base here in the US. Many users here are making, repairing, re-casting their own nozzles and lower refractory blocks. Many here are "re-building" their rope gaskets or rotating their silicone gaskets instead of replacing. My silicone is on its 4th season and I have adusted the door once per year. I will probably try cleaning and turning it when I run out of adjustment. I bet the fan motors and temp sensors would probably have other equivalent options if it came to that. The hardest thing to replace would probably be the electronic controller and apparently AHONA no makes their own version of it. The same controller is used in other boilers besides the EKO too so I would bet it would be somewhere on Ebay. If nothing else you could always add Nofossil's system that would control the boiler better than the stock one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.