Osburn 2200 secondary burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
I have a new stove, I'm new at them. I read this forum a lot. So far I have burns that seem to do good at heating home. Woke up this morning to 72 degree house. Last night was only 35 outside. My question is the burn tubes have not seemed to be shooting out a blue flame. I get it hot , turn air way down and there are still a lot of flames going on in the box. Just nothing shooting out of holes in tubes. I do have a leak in the gasket. It is getting replaced. Also I see no smoke coming out of chimney. Am I getting a good secondary burn? Or am I getting no burn at all.

I have a new stove, I'm new at them. I read this forum a lot. So far I have burns that seem to do good at heating home. Woke up this morning to 72 degree house. Last night was only 35 outside. My question is the burn tubes have not seemed to be shooting out a blue flame. I get it hot , turn air way down and there are still a lot of flames going on in the box. Just nothing shooting out of holes in tubes. I do have a leak in the gasket. It is getting replaced. Also I see no smoke coming out of chimney. Am I getting a good secondary burn? Or am I getting no burn at all.

When you shut the air down, where are the flames? Are they hovering & dancing above the splits? If so, those are your secondaries. Blue flames shooting out of the tubes? That's what Natural Gas & LP burners will see. The only thing coming out of your burn tubes is combustion air...

When you shut the air down, where are the flames? Are they hovering & dancing above the splits? If so, those are your secondaries. Blue flames shooting out of the tubes? That's what Natural Gas & LP burners will see. The only thing coming out of your burn tubes is combustion air...
Ok than I'm doing pretty good. I have read things on here where people say it's like jets shooting out of the holes. I have flames for a long time after the air is shut off, also that's when heat builds up on stove top

Status
Not open for further replies.