• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeyFalcons

Sep 30, 2018
CT
Hey Y’all- new here and looking forward to discussions!

Went to my local dealer and looked at the Quadrafire 5100i and fell in love with it. When I got home did a little more research and came across the Osburn 2400 which seems to burn hotter, have a bigger box and cost less. So what am I missing here?

What are the pros and cons of both? Is the 5100i worth the extra money?

Thank you in advance.

Why do you think the osburn burns hotter?

Marketing numbers of peak potential output don't mean a lot. Steady state output is more important. Both are good large capacity stoves. Real world output is going to be governed by many factors including wood species, wood dryness, draft, air control setting, operator proficiency, etc.. The Osborn firebox is just slightly larger and it has less front panel trimming and glass which helps lower the cost.

That’s all really good info-thank you. Do you know what the steady state output of both stoves are? I burn primarily maple and oak as that it is everywhere around me; drying out for a year+.

I noticed the Osburn has better reviews? I wonder why? Is the ACC on the Quadrafire just marketing?