Out with really old open insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
All the way around the bottom of chimney
How do you plan on replacing it when the cement board starts to deteriorate from the heat and stress of the liner and masonry expanding and contracting?

How do you plan on replacing the undersized light wall liner when it either doesn't work because of being undersized or burns out?

How do you plan on replacing or repairing the 40+ year old stove if it needs to be?

Easy, it will pull right out after you cut the stainless liner coupler, add a new 1 and put "a" stove back in it.

Easy, it will pull right out after you cut the stainless liner coupler, add a new 1 and put "a" stove back in it.
But the stove doesn't fit out the hole.

Realisticly, a grandpa bear with a top flu will go right in there.
How it won't fit through the hole. And it needs an 8" liner as well. Or atleast a 7"

You would have to pull the stove forward and tilt it back some and drag it out.

Not a problem.

But the back is larger that the opening in the brick. This is basic geometry

You would have to pull the stove forward and tilt it back some and drag it out.

Not a problem.

But the back is larger that the opening in the brick. This is basic geometry

Just a question do you live with other people?

I do see your point. Yes there would likely have to be some masonry cutting on the inside brick edges to pull the stove out with some masonry work after another stove went in

Bholler, I'm not going to answer that.

An adapter for a 8 inch top flu to go to a 6 inch steel liner.

Or just have a professional like I had weld on a 6 inch heavy duty flu.

An adapter for a 8 inch top flu to go to a 6 inch steel liner.

Or just have a professional like I had weld on a 6 inch heavy duty flu.
But just welding a 6" outlet onto a stove that needs a larger flue doesn't change the size flue that is needed for it to work properly.

Yea at least get the stove out so that we can look at that fireplace and really examine it...sounds exciting doesn't it--examine it--lol I do have a question what is a adapter? Video would be good but don't fire it up until the experts take a look at it and analysed what you did--easy peasy just pull it out but be careful...By the way after you get this all fixed I have a beautiful wood stove for you to consider buying just for ambiance...old mrs clancey

I do see your point. Yes there would likely have to be some masonry cutting on the inside brick edges to pull the stove out with some masonry work after another stove went in

I already know the answer you previously said you had a family to watch out for. Are they aware of the large number of safety compromises you chose to make with this install?

Yea at least get the stove out so that we can look at that fireplace and really examine it...sounds exciting doesn't it--examine it--lol I do have a question what is a adapter? Video would be good but don't fire it up until the experts take a look at it and analysed what you did--easy peasy just pull it out but be careful...By the way after you get this all fixed I have a beautiful wood stove for you to consider buying just for ambiance...old mrs clancey
It can't be pulled out the opening that was built is smaller than the back of the stove. Which is why I repeatedly said this install was unserviceable

That makes total sense bholler to me and can he enlarge the opening somehow so that he can get it out and being safe in the process--Is this possible for it really needs to be pulled out at this stage of it...Hey Tomseal6 can you enlarge that opening so that you can get that stove out in safety?...Don't want the fireplace to fall in on you or anything--be careful--can you do that? clancey

I only asked because I get that you think this is a big joke and that nothing can go wrong. But is their safety a joke to you as well? I am seriously trying to help you.

Bholler,

Yes, I live with somebody. My boyfriend and I are getting married next month and going to adopt. He likes it on the bottom when the Fisher stove outside our bedroom is cooking nice and warm.

20210819_164935.jpg 20210819_164942.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: snobuilder
Bholler,

Yes, I live with somebody. My boyfriend and I are getting married next month and going to adopt. He likes it on the bottom when the Fisher stove outside our bedroom is cooking nice and warm.

View attachment 281073 View attachment 281074
So you have a layer of cement board then wood??? Great idea!!!

Also what is under the tile Infront of the fireplace?