outdoor patio heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. What do you think, maybe a little over 2 hours on a gallon propane?

actually asking more about the tilt focusing feature. trying to see if somewhere else in here has one.

Seems like it would be fairly easy though to take the top off of your current one and fab up a quick bracket to simulate this and see how it works.

yeah i was thinking about doing that as well, just didnt know if anyone has a focusing one before i go through the trouble

Don't have one but it makes a lot of sense since these types of units heat the target purely with radiated heat as opposed to convective or conductive.

I'm still in favor of a firepit................

TS

Sat out on the covered patio tonight for a few hours in front of the tank-top heater.
Temp was about 38F and we were pretty comfortable.
We'll be sitting out there with the heater most every night, for a few months,
It's really nice to be out there, but then, we're outdoor nuts.

Fire pit is nice, but it's mucky out there and it takes time to get a good hot fire going.

You guys need a hot tub on your patios.

You guys need a hot tub on your patios.

I agree . . . have one on our back covered porch . . . use it all fall, winter and into the spring . . . gets my wife out of the house and into the fresh air since she hates going out during winter.

So we too can wonder why our power usage is so high? ;)

I don't wonder, I know where the power goes. Now that I have monitoring hardware. It's not free, that's for sure.

I don't wonder, I know where the power goes. Now that I have monitoring hardware. It's not free, that's for sure.
You wondered for a while there. I recall your posts on the subject.

Reactions: Highbeam
This evening before dark, we were sitting on the patio in front of the propane heater. A possum comes walking down the hill and walks up to the chicken run and just slips right under the fencing. Those chickens just stood there looking at him, like he was a new member to the flock. I told him he better leave or Mr. 10/22 would have to have a talk with him...he didn't leave.

If I had been in a hot tub, I probably would have just stayed there and watched the possum kill my chickens.
So yeah, a propane heater can save chickens from impending death.

So yeah, a propane heater can save chickens from impending death.
But if you hung the (dead) chicken in front of the patio heater, in about an hour you could have chicken dinner while enjoying the outdoors.

But if you hung the (dead) chicken in front of the patio heater, in about an hour you could have chicken dinner while enjoying the outdoors.
Or a possum dinner...

Someone or something will get a possum dinner, and it won't be me.

The crows don't even eat opposums. Not sure what is so nasty about them. Ugly buggers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.