Overnight Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This year with the wood seasoned for a year and some longer I've been able to close down the air for my overnight burns, attached are some pictures from last night with some cherry in the Lopi Liberty. Stove top temp was 700.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1772.jpg
    100_1772.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 557
  • 100_1773.jpg
    100_1773.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 554
I can not wait till next year. I'm currently splitting for next year. This will be the first time I have ever had more than 8 month wood to burn. I have high expectations for next year. My count so far is 2+ cords, by January I hope to have 4+. Tell me I will love it...

RNLA said:
I can not wait till next year. I'm currently splitting for next year. This will be the first time I have ever had more than 8 month wood to burn. I have high expectations for next year. My count so far is 2+ cords, by January I hope to have 4+. Tell me I will love it...

RNLA you will love it and if you don't send it to Pagey.

zap

Zap, at 700 degrees that should have kept you nice and warm. So far we have not had very cold weather but cold enough that we've burned for quite a while. At this time of year though the weather can turn cold pretty darned fast and we are prepared for it. I see we have a chance of rain/snow tomorrow night and expect that to become more normal from here on out. We've had some pretty warm (relatively) Novembers as of late so I figure we are due some cold days next month. Time will tell.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, at 700 degrees that should have kept you nice and warm. So far we have not had very cold weather but cold enough that we've burned for quite a while. At this time of year though the weather can turn cold pretty darned fast and we are prepared for it. I see we have a chance of rain/snow tomorrow night and expect that to become more normal from here on out. We've had some pretty warm (relatively) Novembers as of late so I figure we are due some cold days next month. Time will tell.

Sav I'm finding this year it's burning hotter because of the seasoned wood. The weather has been cold and damp for the last month so we're burning through some wood.

If you get the snow please keep it.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Sav I'm finding this year it's burning hotter because of the seasoned wood. The weather has been cold and damp for the last month so we're burning through some wood.

If you get the snow please keep it.

zap

Zap, how much do you figure you have gone thru so far this burn season? Our weather has been about the same as yours and we have used about 1/2 cord so far.

zapny said:
RNLA said:

RNLA you will love it and if you don't send it to Pagey.

zap

Put more pine and red oak in the barn this weekend.

I have two cords of 2 year old oak and 18 month old Cherry (from a huge dead branch).

It is bump season here in Western North Carolina. It's been warm, but some nights have dipped into the 30's. I have been cranking up the old VC Resolute at sunset. I wake to a 72F house.

Life is good.

rottiman said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Zap, how much do you figure you have gone thru so far this burn season? Our weather has been about the same as yours and we have used about 1/2 cord so far.

rottiman I would say about the same, we plan on bringing in more wood Sunday.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.