P38 blowing fuses??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Margareeman

Oct 2, 2011
Cape Breton, Canada
Hello, I have a Harman P38. It is used and about 6 to 8 years old. When I plug it in it blows the fuse every time. The blower and feeder knobs are turned completely off prior to plugging it in. Does anyone have any suggestions before I start taking it apart to see what the problem is. Also just wondering what size fuse it takes. I have been using a 6 amp as listed in the parts manual but I have read in other posts that it might be a 3amp? Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Great site.

Check your wiring harness and make sure it isn't grounding out somewhere.

you may have a wire pinching onto metal and shorting out. start by disconnecting each motors wire one motor at a time, auger, distribution,combustion, to see if you can isolate a certain motor. of course u will need some extra fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.