P61 squealing combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Just turned the stove on and the squeal started...with a bearing or out of balance I believe....going to remove it and have a look...any advice or ideas welcome

Attachments

• 57525708997__DBDD63B2-DFAE-4D71-B08E-452D049090F4.MOV
    2.4 MB · Views: 190
Also, can anyone see the video?

Could be a bearing,could be chunk of ash behind impeller,could be crap/dirt between the armature and rotor,and,sometimes,the secondary fan impeller comes loose on shaft.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Just turned the stove on and the squeal started...with a bearing or out of balance I believe....going to remove it and have a look...any advice or ideas welcome

Before you do anything mechanical try to oil it. These days it’s usually not a permanent solution but often makes the motor hold up a quite a while. At least long enough to find a new one without being robbed. McMaster Carr often has matching motors.

Ok vacuumed, blew it out, vacuumed again and oiled as close to the bearings as I could get...quietened it down substantially...also ordered one from Amazon...this blower looks like the original oem part as it has the plastic cover on it...21yrs is decent I think.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Yes,yours would be original,as it has the rear cooling fan/impeller.My Accentra has the same one,and I have another,that needs a bearing.The bearings are replaceable,so keep it for a spare,and fix over the summer,if so inclined.Sometimes the 2nd impeller comes loose(the one facing the stove,right where the shaft goes into the stove),but can be re crimped,and put back on with loctite sleeve fluid.The newer replacement motors seem to start up,to hi speed much faster,but these old ons seem to last longer.

Yes,yours would be original,as it has the rear cooling fan/impeller.My Accentra has the same one,and I have another,that needs a bearing.The bearings are replaceable,so keep it for a spare,and fix over the summer,if so inclined.Sometimes the 2nd impeller comes loose(the one facing the stove,right where the shaft goes into the stove),but can be re crimped,and put back on with loctite sleeve fluid.The newer replacement motors seem to start up,to hi speed much faster,but these old ons seem to last longer.

Thanks for the info Bob...off hand would you know the bearing code?

LOL,no.I think they are the same as my Integra,skateboard bearings(except you do not want to use those cheep things) will check tomorrow,too late tonight.But,probably at lest 3 threads here about them,try the search box.