P68 exhaust fan replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SininStyle

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
I replaced my exhaust fan sure to the old one starting to lose a bearing . Straight forward, rewired, runs fine.
The issue is now my auger won't turn on. Test shows motor light, both fans blow fine. It was running before the install. Don't see any dangling wires. Test runs and runs, distribution blower shuts off, motor light shuts off, exhaust keeps running and rest never ends.
I think it might be air leak but that makes as much sense as anything else as it worked fine for hours before install.
Open to any suggestions.
It was 3 wires, white/black/green, which matched the stove colors and works so don't think it's the wiring but that is the only change.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Long shot - perhaps the motor is not turning in the correct direction, thus not creating enough "vacuum" to operate the vacuum switch.

Long shot - perhaps the motor is not turning in the correct direction, thus not creating enough "vacuum" to operate the vacuum switch.
How would I be able to tell? There a set direction it would be going? Afraid to flip wires to change direction, would it pop the motor?

Mystery solved. Went to look at the direction of the spin, no face plate inside. Forgot to put it back on after cleaning and installing the new fan. Thanks to your long shot I was able to spot it, thank you lol

Glad you found it! Stay warm!