Pacific Eneregy T5 Rear Mounted Auto Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey johnny, I purcased me a blower for my stove the other day, It should be here by the end of the week,they are not cheap by no means ,but they would have to help get the heat moving a whole lot better. how much is a fan for a t-5, for my stove they are about $ 280.00.

the fan will obviously move the heat but I would offer that we do not have one on our T6 [no power] and it does well. You spend the money if you want but i would try it without and see if your happy.

Really does increase the heat output. If you are wishing for more heat, add it.

chimneysweeponline will send it to you promptly, 2 screws and a three prong plug, took 5 mins. Adjustable rheostat, manual or auto on/off. Manual Off for cleaning out the ash! Stovetop temps are lower with the fan on, can move alot of air on high, ours is not noisy (first season with the fan), but i would suggest tightening all the rear shroud screws while you back there installing the fan.

I don't know how the Alderlea stoves are compared to mine, but I considered buying the PE fan to mount on my stove. However, I have an Outside Air Kit (OAK) duct pipe that runs into the back of the stove. It appears that the fan would mount exactly where the pipe is now. I already have a pedestal fan behind the stove, so I really don't need one, but it would be kinda nice to have.

Something to consider if your setup is like mine.

Nic36 said:
I don't know how the Alderlea stoves are compared to mine, but I considered buying the PE fan to mount on my stove. However, I have an Outside Air Kit (OAK) duct pipe that runs into the back of the stove. It appears that the fan would mount exactly where the pipe is now. I already have a pedestal fan behind the stove, so I really don't need one, but it would be kinda nice to have.

Something to consider if your setup is like mine.

Just put one on the Summit. They stick out from the back, so there may not be any OAK interference. It seemed to work very well. The temp got warmer faster and it was more even. I think that not having the warmest air go straight to the ceiling makes for better efficiency. It is quiet, though vibrations have set up one or twice.

- Bill

1 - Phillips head screw driver,,, medium sized. "Righty tighty" the two screws thru the fan housing into the back of the shroud, insert plug into wall, flip switch. I think you should be able to handle it. There is a temperature sensing contact piece that should be touching the back of the stove body, you may have to bend the arm for proper contact, I did not have to do this.

While you are back there, tighten all the other phillips head screws holding the shroud to the back of the stove to minimize the risk of any future rattles.

try a fan on the floor blowing at the stove to move air around your house as well as to bring cold air to the stove

For sure a blower: You'll burn less wood to achieve similar heating results, and the overall temp in the outer reaches of the home from the stove will be more even.

Status
Not open for further replies.