Pacific Energy Blower vs aftermarket blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MR. GLO

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2021
Massachusetts
Interesting. Same dilemma , BIL recently obtained a Vista,no blower. BUT, reading the literature, the "aftermarket is not, it is a factory part.
My question, does it really help on this stove?

Interesting. Same dilemma , BIL recently obtained a Vista,no blower. BUT, reading the literature, the "aftermarket is not, it is a factory part.
My question, does it really help on this stove?
It will help circulate the heat better. How well depends on the floorplan, stove location, etc.

Reactions: Mt Bob
It will help circulate the heat better. How well depends on the floorplan, stove location, etc.
Ya, I figured as much, just like most. I've seen some wood stove blowers that really don't do much. This thing looks good, almost 17" long, blows up the channel in the back, almost as wide as the channel is. 125 cfm on high. Found a youtube vid that says it makes a big difference, but on next size bigger stove. Same blower. I guess I wanted confirmation of what I probably already knew, as it costs so much, for what it is,lol. Stove room also has a fan to move air out, but, not needed with the P68, they have strong blowers. If was summer, would probably make one, go up and install, but can't have everything. From what I saw on the vid, think I will order one, hopefully just get it drop shipped to them so don't have to pay freight twice.

Reactions: MR. GLO and Mt Bob
The blower on the 2019 T5 is pretty quiet.