Pacific Energy FP30 wall mounted variable speed control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Budge

Sep 15, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I have a Pacific Energy FP30 and I am looking for a wall mounted variable speed control for the blower motor. Does anyone have a recommendation? Or know the blower motor specs? I went to my local dealer but they weren't much help, they ordered the variable speed motor control (see attached pic) that mounts directly onto a Pacific Energy stove but not the FP30. I would prefer a variable speed control (vs 3 speed) but want to make sure the wall control is compatible with the blower motor specs.

Thanks in advance.

tempImage64DtpL.png

Is there a reason why this couldn't be mounted in a standard box in the wall?

I just used a regular rotary fan speed control switch mounted on the wall to control the blower speed. I connected it in line with a switch to force the blower on when it wasn't on from the built in temperature switch.

details in my post below:

let me know if you have any questions on the setup. enjoy!