Pacific Energy fp30ar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You're install looks great. I can relate to the mortar dust. We tarped off the whole living room while the stone work was being done, boy what a messy job. But it was well worth it in the end.
I used to put my thermometer on the middle where you did but soon realized that the temp would vary wether the fan is on or not, so now leave on the upper left corner as a reference and rely more on an IR thermo-gun and my eyes.

I haven't got the thermometer figured out yet. It reads higher than my IR gun but it's a Menards cheap gun so I don't know how accurate it is. I'll move it to the corner and see what happens.