Pallets for Stacking Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
I was walking out of ACE Hardware today and noticed around fifty pallets stacked beside the store. Nice ones. I went back in and asked the manager what he did with them. He replied "Whatever I can to get rid of them. Take as many as you want."

I don't know if all ACE stores are loaded with them but it is worth checking out if you need pallets.

I've been lucky enough to get them from my dad's job, but with the plant closing in september, I guess I'll also be looking for a place. It seems tons of businesses are looking to unload pallets all the time. There are always ads on craigslist about it. Pallets really do kick butt for stacking wood too imho.

MountainStoveGuy said:
They also make great beach bonfire's

Ah yes. Those Colorado beach parties!

MountainStoveGuy said:
They also make great beach bonfire's

Hooray for nails

PLEASE
Dont use pallets for bonfires

some pallets are made out of oak. but most of the time the company that ships them wants them back. but sometimes you get lucky.

HI guys,

There are companies that pick up pallets and fix them if they need fixing and then sell them again. Good business to be in (owner drives a bimmer).

I cut up a few pallets for kindling and it is a pain. It burns well but the nails are really difficult to get out of the grates.

carpniels

I burn alot of pallets here at the shop they stack up outside. I like the VC pallets the best they have these 4x4 chunks of hardwood that burn nice. The nails suck but so do 100 pallets stacked up out back.

I have a powerfull magnet used for picking up nails especislly usefull after a roof stripping job.
Drag it around the inside of the stove and nails and screws jump out of the ash. Besides a nail or two
is a non factor in my garden. should I miss one. Got to get me quite a few more pallets, I neeed to stack a lot of wood

Status
Not open for further replies.