Part One of Some Blow Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just some pictures from up top after we had some strong winds Wednesday.

Picture 3101 is some sugar maple that came down and I never finished,3102 was a widow maker... not anymore,3103 is part of a old sugar maple and 3104 is the same pic has 3103 with the leaf.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3101.jpg
    100_3101.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_3102.jpg
    100_3102.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_3103.jpg
    100_3103.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 333
  • 100_3104.jpg
    100_3104.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 332
went for a run tonight to see the damage around here gibir..not alot of trees down like your place?

but this big limb which had me a little spooked last night.. will be coming down very shortly :coolhmm:

loon

DSC09650-1.jpg

Loon what type of tree is that?

Zap

it's the sister of that maple branch that fell on the house last year.. big crack in the v and will be going through the house when it let's go :shut:

the one i got my fat head resting on ;-P

DSC07682.jpg

Are you taking down the whole tree.

Zap

trying not to..

as its a very nice tree and if i can deal with the limb on the right the tree is going to fall into the woods some day with the lean it is on ;-)

loon

DSC09636.jpg

With the weather we have been having lately Loon, I can see why you want to deal with it sooner than later. Looks like a few days burning in that limb...................

ya its one of those things a guy puts off till its too late :shut:

might start it this afternoon cause as right now i have to go and check on the cottage..

my buddy sent me this picture of his dock and i am only one lake over.

397168946.jpg

Looks like both you fellows have your work cut out for you.

met him on the road as we were going to our place and like you can see in the picture a large pine dropped which was rooted with the birch which was chained to the dock ;-P and luckily the big tree missed his house ;-)

and also luckily his pontoon boat was over at one of his neighbors.

got to our place and the only problem there was the lawn needs cutting :cheese:

DSC09667.jpg

Looks like a nice lake Loon.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks like a nice lake Loon.

Sure does, nice looking dogs too, are they some type of retriever?

thanks guys we like it :) its a small 2 cottage lake but 85ft deep and full of Bass ;-) dont get out as often as we used to but my mom and stepdad who are in their 70s pretty much live there when they can.. we still make it a few times a year though.

DSC07424.jpg

DSC07352.jpg

weatherguy these 2 are Great Pyrenees and last night was wrestlemania for about 5 seconds then Emma had Murphy pinned :lol:

DSC09665-1.jpg

DSC09664.jpg

least i think its Murphy on the ground??? :)

loon

[quote author="loon" date="1307736465"]thanks guys we like it :) its a small 2 cottage lake but 85ft deep and full of Bass ;-) dont get out as often as we used to but my mom and stepdad who are in their 70s pretty much live there when they can.. we still make it a few times a year though.

Loon looks like a great place for kicking back and relaxing.

Zap

loon said:
thanks guys we like it :) its a small 2 cottage lake but 85ft deep and full of Bass ;-) dont get out as often as we used to but my mom and stepdad who are in their 70s pretty much live there when they can.. we still make it a few times a year though.

DSC07424.jpg

DSC07352.jpg

weatherguy these 2 are Great Pyrenees and last night was wrestlemania for about 5 seconds then Emma had Murphy pinned :lol:

DSC09665-1.jpg

DSC09664.jpg

least i think its Murphy on the ground??? :)

loon

My two labs used to go at it pretty good once in awhile. Lost one a year ago, still miss her terribly, best friend I ever had, she was always at my side.

ya it is zap ;-)

sorry to hear about your lab weatherguy , we have always had dogs and its great when they are around but i wish their lifespans were alot longer...

they were just goofing around in the picture 'BUT' he does lose his mind if Emma tries to take his food :roll:
loon

Status
Not open for further replies.