Parts availability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been spending a couple weeks at our Colorado home, and I brought some blackjack oak from Oklahoma for the Dutchwest (model 2478 Med. Noncat) stove that came with the home. We noticed immediately how little fuel it used and how warm it kept a 2400 square-foot home with some nights reaching 15 below and am considering replacing my country flame stove in Oklahoma with a used DutchWest large non-cat style and was wondering if parts are easily available for these units? I have heard ownership and corporate status has been questionable over the last several years?

Welcome, Dan. :) What Country Flame do you have? My neighbor has a BBF cat...that thing is a heat monster! :eek: Should be parts available for the Dw. Check woodmanspartsplus.

Welcome, Dan. :) What Country Flame do you have? My neighbor has a BBF cat...that thing is a heat monster! :eek: Should be parts available for the Dw. Check woodmanspartsplus.
It is a 30 plus year old stove we put in the house when we built. I think the model is a "CM" Noncat it's great for quick warm ups & mega btu's & also you can burn with the doors open. Not so good for long burns at lower temps. A lot of heat goes up the flue!

Last edited:
Not sure why this thread got put over here...the 2478 and other Dws are still in production. :confused:

That Dw is an Everburn, correct? I can't remember all the details but there have been posts about it being finicky, apparently takes some skill to run the stove. How have you done with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.