PE Pacific Door Handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
I started to give it a turn and knew something was wrong.

Murphy was helping, sorry for the blurriness :)

PE Pacific  Door Handle

PE Pacific  Door Handle

PE Pacific  Door Handle

Can I fix it? I see "cotter pins" on the inside.

What are we seeing Dixie? Sorry looking at those pics makes me feel like a downed a bottle of Vodka with some Zanax chasers.

Hogwildz said:
What are we seeing Dixie? Sorry looking at those pics makes me feel like a downed a bottle of Vodka with some Zanax chasers.

LMAO !!. OK, OK !! Off to get the cell phone.

The latches have a series of washers on the outside and inside, the inside has a hole through the latch that a s.s. "s" pin goes through. Did you pin wear through or break?
I used a new S.S, cotter pin on mine.

BTW, you focused on the gloves real good. .......A lil to the right....... back left,,,,,,,, no right again........ right there, yeah!

I had Erin come in to take pics, and she looked at it. She said the metal "almost open" washer looks "pinched. The handle is loose on the outside. The inside looks tight.

I love my gloves :)

Metal almost open? I know my handle is loose also. I am not sure if the cast is wearing or what?
In the series of washers, one is sort of bowed, which I assume to create tension against the handle. Maybe it weakened or lost its blow, not sure.
Are you burning or is the stove cold? Some clearer pics would help. WTH is she meaning by metal is open?

There is no way that is sticking that far out on the outside without something on the inside giving way. the latch is one pc. bent on an S. The washers take up the gap, and the S pin holds it all in place. The S pin will not straighten, too brittle, mine snapped, and that is why i used a s.s. cotter pin. Make sure you have a few sizes of cotter pin on hand before attempting to remove the old "s" pin.

It's burning. Got home to to 62F.

At the base of the handle(the larger round piece where it connects to the door) directly behind that, is a metal "coiled" washer". It looks warped.

Sounds like the bowed or spring loaded washer i was talking about. Maybe PM Tom the Chimneysweep and see if they sell a hardware kit for the door latch? I need one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.