PE Super 27 Blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foghorn

Hearth Supporter
Aug 5, 2010
Eastern Kentucky
Hi Y'all,

I've been looking around this forum for quite a while. It has been many years since I bought my last stove and there have been a lot of changes and improvement. Thanks for all the great information and opinions.

I am about to purchase a new wood stove for my 1100 sq ft ranch style house.

I went to look at a Pacific Energy Super 27 this week. I really like the looks of the stove and have read lots of good things about it here and other places.

I would like opinions on the effectiveness of the blower unit. It seems to me, a lot of money for something I might be able to do with a couple of small fans placed around the house. Does anyone have any experience with how well these blowers move the air through the house?

I also looked at the Drolet Myriad on Northern Tool's web site. The stove seems to be comparable to the Super 27 at about 2/3 the cost. I'm not much on buying things sight unseen and there is no one within a reasonable distance of me that would have the stove in stock. I would be interested in any opinions you might have on the comparison of the two stoves.

Thanks again for all the great information that y'all share here.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.