PE Vista Insert Baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jlingle

Oct 18, 2022
New York
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a home that has a Pacific Energy Vista Insert. The Baffle was not installed in the stove and I'm curious whether I installed it properly. The pin in the back of the stove was warped and I had a hard time with it. I did review the manual, but they do not provide any visual instructions on baffle on removal/replacement. Attaching a couple of pics and assistance would be appreciated. Thank you
image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Welcome to the Forums!!!

Did you play with turning the baffle pin around, going in the other way?

Do you have the gasket for the secondary air tube?

I tried the pin in both directions, it's badly twisted. I could probably swing it around.

I do not have any other parts - can you explain where the gasket needs to go and can the stove be operated without it ? Appreciate the replies - thank you

There is a rectangular gasket that surrounds the secondary tube. This inexpensive gasket creates a seal between the baffle and the tube. Other than that, the baffle is in correctly.