pe vista ...super...and vista

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
whats ball park prices of these pacific energy inserts?

Those prices are right inline with what I was quoted a few days ago for the same inserts. Beware that with the tax credit it's like buying a car. These credits are built into the price upfront so the real amount you pay maybe 10% higher until you do your taxes. Not all dealers are doing this but I did notice that some are.

rwhite said:
Those prices are right inline with what I was quoted a few days ago for the same inserts. Beware that with the tax credit it's like buying a car. These credits are built into the price upfront so the real amount you pay maybe 10% higher until you do your taxes. Not all dealers are doing this but I did notice that some are.

That is not accurate.

BrowningBAR said:
rwhite said:

That is not accurate.

I may have not explained it well.

I just called a dealer for a price on a quadrafire insert a few days ago. He quoted me a price (don't recall the exact number) so I went to the store to look at it. There was a card sitting on top the stove that had the following information:

Base price
door option
trim option
federal tax credit
Oregon tax credit

then total price

So the price he quoted me over the phone had the tax credits already deducted. So it was a decieving quote in that it was not an out the door price, I would not get those savings until I applied for the credit. The out the door price was higher than quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.