Pellet ad in local newspaper....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Guess they really want to sell some pellets.....took an entire page ad out. I called....Powerhouse, wants $244.50/ton. YIKES! I think they'll have them for a while.

Anybody local to me that wants the name & location of the place, it will be posted in the Fuel Reports section of the forum:

Attachments

• DSCN0276.jpg
    DSCN0276.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 141
Just saw an ad on eBay for Powerhouse pellets. The guy has a ton for sale (pickup only) for $150. No bidding....it's a "Buy it Now" auction. Seems to be a real good price....I seem to remember these are the same as GAP, but not sure of the quality.

But at that price, if I was close to him I'd be grabbing them....my 10-cpm will burn anything, especially during the shoulder seasons.

He's located near Fleetwood/Kutztown area of Pa.

www.ebay.com/itm/1-Ton-Powerhouse-Premium-Hardwood-Wood-Pellets-/281084565449?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

They are the same as GAP's.

I tried powerhouse, and never again. They burned hot, but when I opened the bag It smelled like a chemical factory. Also this was the only pellet so far to give me clinkers!

Guess they really want to sell some pellets.....took an entire page ad out. I called....Powerhouse, wants $244.50/ton. YIKES! I think they'll have them for a while.

Anybody local to me that wants the name & location of the place, it will be posted in the Fuel Reports section of the forum:
I burned Powerhouse last year no problems..This year tried a bag and ended up with a constipated burn pot <>

I burned about a half ton of the Powerhouse and agree, good heat but way way too much ash! I can burn my Ligs and the Green Gold and not fill the ash pan in over double the amount of bags thru as the Powerhouse. Agree on the price.....way to high!

Forgot to add that the pellets I have are all about 1/4-1/2" or so....very short compared to even my Ligs. Smell was fine....not sure what the other poster had? Still a lot of money for a dirty pellet as far as ash. They get that under control and it will be a great pellet!

I also tried these this year. I always screen out the fines when I'm testing new pellets to see how they compare. One bag of powerhouse produces 3 cups of fines! This was double any other brand I tried this season. They also choked up the burn pot badly. However, my father in law has a p61 and he loved them. Also the bags are made of super thick plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.