Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Pellet Capacity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rjbowler

Oct 29, 2018
Virginia
Why is it my brochure says my mount Vernon a@e wood pellet insert will hold 52lbs of pellets but I can only get about 35lbs in it when completely empty I'm I missing something

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it my brochure says my mount Vernon a@e wood pellet insert will hold 52lbs of pellets but I can only get about 35lbs in it when completely empty I'm I missing something
I am having the same issue with my Harman Accentra 52i -Tc It says the hopper should hold 64.5 pounds and I am lucky to get 50 LBS in it!

I just got the same Harman stove installed last week. I find once I load the hopper I take my hand and push the pellets to the back and up as there is a lot of room in the upper back top portion of the stove. It seems to leave an empty void if I don’t push more pellets up in this area by hand. Just what I observed. Love this stove and I am very happy with its performance. Since it was installed my gas heat has not came on once in my 2200 sq foot home!!